Search

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Photography - First outing with my new camera!

Just a quickie today because I've done six hours of driving this weekend and I want to go to bed, but I wanted to blog quickly about one aspect of my birthday:

I got a camera (A Nikon D60 digital SLR, if you're interested). I'm quite pleased with it so far: it was easy to set up, and I'm pretty pleased with the quality of image that's being churned out, even though I'm only using the basic point-and-shoot functionality at the moment. I took around thirty photos this weekend, but I thought I'd share a few that I particularly like. These have been edited very briefly and basically (i.e. cropped and a tiny bit of contrast/ light adjustment on one or two) using Picasa. The photos below have had their quality reduced to take up less of my Picasa web album's space:



A frog in the pond in my aunt & uncle's back garden.





An example of dualitive nominism? It is, and it does.






Some sky.






My cousin scoring a try for his rugby team.






The birthday cake my mum made me (only 20 candles- she left the one in the shape of a '7' in her kitchen at home!)




I really like this one. It's rain on some blades of something grass-like* surrounded by something thistle-like**. This is about as close as I can get with the lens that came with my D60. I'm hoping that a decent macro lens will fall out of the sky (and land on something soft) so that I can explore macro photography a little deeper.







* Possibly grass.
** Possibly thistles.