Search

Monday, March 8, 2010

While my guitar gently weeps...

This is just a quickie to say:

Wow.

I love this song, and I particularly like this version of it, by Jeff Healy. I knew nothing about him whatsoever (other than that he performed this rather nifty cover version of a George Harrison song), and looked up this video on a whim:


I had no idea he was blind, but that's by the way. I don't even want to mention the mullet because that's just very nineties and not particularly worthy of comment. But that playing style? I have never seen anyone play a guitar like that before. It's mesmerising. I can't even begin to imagine how I'd go about starting to emulate that, or what kind of a cacophony it'd produce if I did.

This is part of the reason why I like looking up the history behind songs that get me going. Every now and then you find something that just makes you think wow.