Search

Saturday, July 24, 2010

School's Out!

School is finally out for summer, and boy has this been a frustrating, annoying and generally difficult-to-find-the-positives year. But I don't want to talk about that, other than to express my hopes that...*

Anyway. That's not what this post is about. This is:

School's out for an entire five weeks and two days, and I'm damned sure I'm going to try to make the best of it. What better way to start than with a bit of Alice?

Actually, this isn't just Alice. It's also some Muppets, and it's from 1978. Enjoy!






*... September will see the start of an academic year in which I don't feel like a lone gunman just trying to hold my own against a hoard of students, parents, wider-school 'colleagues' and society as a whole, who seem intent on trying to convince me that mathematics just isn't important. Maybe I'll start to feel a little more valued in my current job role, or at least build up the confidence to take my enthusiasm for an unwanted subject somewhere else. [I put it down here so you can ignore it if you want to. It is a little bit ranty.]